Pages

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Things To Do During Summer

For this activity there were two options and I had to choose one. Option is to take a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer time activities and upload it to your blog along with a description of what you’re doing. Option two is to write a paragraph that tells us about what you love doing in the summer on your blog. I chose to do option two.

During summer I like to go to the pools with my friends. I like to go to the pools because normally it is really hot so I go for a nice cold swim. I also like to play sports outside like basketball and soccer. I like to challenge my friends and also my family members.

3 comments:

  1. Namaste AJ good to see you doing the Summer Learning Journey activities/tasks. I like how you have choose your oponion and did it. I like your short story on what you love doing in the summer on your blog. Well Done AJ keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey AJ
    I also like to go to the pools during the summer time. It's usually so relaxing to hop into the cool water on a hot day. Keep up the great work!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi AJ,

    It sounds like you and I have many of the same hobbies and interests over the summer months. I, too, love to swim and to play basketball. I have been spending a lot of time shooting hoops in my driveway in the evening after work. It's a great way to get outside and stretch my legs after long days sitting at my desk.

    When I get the chance I also love to go to the local beach for a swim. My son, Aronui, is a litte 'fish' (he loves to swim) and we often go down the beach together. I am looking forward to some warmer weather so that we can go swimming even more often. The water is just a bit too cold for me at the moment!

    Have you been swimming recently? Do you mind the cold temperatures? At home in Canada we hold a special tradition of going swimming event every January. It's called the 'Polar Bear Plunge' and it involves running into a lake in your bathing suit in the middle of winter. It is freezing! Often there is snow on the ground and the water is just above 0 degrees celsius. It's so cold that you lips turn blue and you start to shiver as soon as your body hits the water.

    Do you think that you'd ever try the Polar Bear plunge?

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete