Pages

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Bonus Activity

For this activity I had to translate five basic travel phrases into Spanish, German, Malaysian, Japanese, Arabic, or Afrikaans. The five phrases were Good Morning, Goodbye, How much does this cost?, When is the next bus? and Where is the nearest hospital? I chose to translate these five phrases into German.

Good Morning - Guten Morgen
Goodbye - Auf Wiedersehen
How much does this cost? - Wie viel kostet das?
When is the next bus? - Wann fährt der nächste Bus?
Where is the nearest hospital? - Wo ist das nächste Krankenhaus?

3 comments:

  1. Hi AJ well done on translating the 5 answers in english into German. Well Done! You are a star. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AJ
    Nice job translating the 5 phrases. It's probably very important, when you go to a different country with people that doesn't speak the same language as you, you have to know those phrases. Keep it up!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi AJ,

    It is good to see that you're translated each of these phrases into another language. In this case, German! I would imagine that you will also want to convert them into Spanish for your big trip to Mexico. Most people in Mexico speak Spanish although you will certainly find that some speak Portuguese and others, English. I have never been to Mexico but I have spent time in the Dominican Republic and I loved it. I was able to get around the city without requiring too many Spanish phrases although I did find it helpful to know how to say, "Can you please help me to find (insert name of place)?" I was always getting lost!

    I hope that you enjoyed learning some new phrases for this activity. It's pretty exciting to think that school is going to start again for you very soon. Are you looking forward to heading back to PBS?

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete