Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey - Poem

This year two sports are being reintroduced into the Olympic Games. They are golf and sevens rugby. Imagine that you worked for TVNZ and you were paid to travel to Rio de Janeiro to attend the Olympic Games and report on the golf and/or the rugby competitions. On your blog, write a poem that describes how you would feel about travelling to Rio.

Flying on the plane and waiting all night,
Couldn't wait to see the beautiful sight.
This is going to be really fun,
To see and and watch rugby players tackle and run.
I attended the Olympics because I came to report,
sevens rugby an incredible sport.



2 comments:

  1. Great poem, AJ. I love it! I think that you have communicated your feelings really well and even managed to make the stanzas rhyme. Nicely done :)

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aj, That poem is really awesome. I like how you got creative and rhymed. I like all of your lines. I also like how in the poem you were actually writing how you would be feeling. Keep up the awesome work
    Oh Hsen

    ReplyDelete