Pages

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey - 5 Questions For Marjorie Gestring

This activity for the Winter Learning Journey I had to pretend that I was alive in 1936 when a 13 year old girl name Marjorie Gestring who won a gold medal. The sport the she participated in was Spring Board Diving. I had to ask her 5 questions.

1. Did someone inspire you to choose Spring Board Diving?
2. Weren't you to young to compete in the Olympics?
3. Did anyone put you down because you were too young?
4. How did you feel when you got the gold medal?
5.  Do you enjoy Spring Board Diving?

2 comments:

  1. Hi AJ!

    These are great questions. I think that you have chosen a nice range of issues to talk to Marjorie about, including her inspirations, feelings and her age. I also wonder if anyone ever put her down or tried to bully her for being such a young Olympian. Sadly, it is quite common for people to bully others when they are a bit jealous and I would imagine that a lot of people were quite jealous of Marjorie's abilities as a springboard diver. It's too bad that she passed away in 1992 or else we could have asked her about it!

    Keep up the great work, AJ. It's wonderful to see you still actively blogging in Week #2 of the holidays. Yay!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AJ
    I like how interesting your questions are for Marjorie. I think that she was put down a lot when she tried out for the Olympics. She must have been so proud. Keep up the great work AJ!

    ReplyDelete