Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2016

My Writing

The Journey For Survival “Flying back home brings me joy ” said Kim to herself. Suddenly the sky transformed from shining to dark. “Wow, I was startled from that lightning!” said Kim with fear flowing through her body. Boom the lightning struck the plane and the pilots were losing control. The plane struck, fell from the windy sky and gained speed as it hurtled towards the ground. It crashed.

 15 minutes later. “What happened and where in the world am I?” Kim was so curious. She bounced back up and walked off . As she left she tumbled over some skeleton bones. “What is that disturbing noise?” muttered Kim. She looked up at the sky and her face turned from afraid to horrified. “I must get away from this area.” she mumbled.

 1 hour later. Puffing from the long run and racing away from the terrifying disaster, Kim was like a machine when it came to running. Her heart felt cold as ice. The horrifying storm started to gain on poor tiny Kim. Kim took a rest for a little while. “I need to think of a way to get a safe distance away.” Kim said quietly to herself. As she gained energy she started to sprint again. She tripped on the long grass and then suddenly she heard something that could help her get away.

 She heard an engine fly over her and land close by (It was a plane!). Sprinting to get to her destination she finally got there. “Excuse me sir, could you help me get back to Australia because I have not a chance on getting away from this storm by myself.” asked Kim. “Sure, I’m heading to Australia too.” said the pilot. “I was just getting some fuel for my plane.” The pilot added on. “You should hurry, a violent storm is coming.” Kim explained to the pilot. “Ok I’m going to get the engine started right now.” the pilot replied to Kim. As the pilot started the engine and they both rushed inside the plane the storm started to catch up to them. “Hurry up sir take of now, the storm will catch us any second now!” hollered Kim. They took of and as they were soaring in the sky, the storm just slightly struck the plane... The storm was so close to striking the plane again but the pilot pressed a secret boost button and escaped from the storm. Finally they weren’t in any trouble and they were safe and sound. “ Now we can get back to Australia” said Kim with joy. Yet they were halfway across the world.

This term we have been learning to write narratives. We used the picture prompt below to help us imagine how this situation came about. We tried to hook our audience in by thinking about the pace of events and the pictures we painted with words.

1 comment:

  1. Hi son,
    Your writing did have me 'hooked' from the beginning wondering what had happened to Kim in your story. I like the exciting language you used and how descriptive you were. I like your imagination. Keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete