Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2016

5 Minutes Of ...

Operation Rescue
I shivered in the early morning cold, standing there on the beach, in my togs. I decided to have a good morning swim. I leaped off the wharf and started swimming, the water was freezing! I continued to swim further and further until I couldn’t reach the bottom of the sea. Then, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye, a humongous wave was heading straight for me, and with no time to swim away, I braced myself for the impact. As the huge waves crashed down on me, I struggled to breathe.

I managed to get above the water and breathe in some fresh air, then I saw more waves coming at me, each as big as the others. The wind howled - as if it was laughing at my fate. I tried to put my arm up, desperately wanted to be rescued. It was at that moment, I saw it. The Westpac helicopter saw me in trouble, and attempted to save me. Then the winch came down, with a man on it, he put a safety harness around me and we went slowly back up into the helicopter. “Thank you for saving my life” I said gratefully.
“Next time you should decide carefully when you go swimming, especially in this awful weather” the medic told me.




No comments:

Post a Comment