Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Trip To The Auckland Museum

Yesterday I went to the Auckland Museum with my class, room 8 and room 5. I felt really excited to go there because I was young when I last went there and It was really really cool and fun. We are going by bus but the bus wasn't there. It was running very late. Finally it came and we were on. I was on the second bus and I was siting on the back. It felt fun because I was high. When we got to the museum there where stairs. It looked like it was higher than the sky tower. I also saw another two schools there as well. First a man took us to a room with some more people and we all sat down on the mat. First they all introduced them. Then they showed some things to us like tapa cloth and the Paper Brown mulberry tree. She told us how there families migrated and what they brought with them. They said they brought there songs, culture and language.

After we had that session we went to another one. We followed a man and a lady to a map of the pacific. He told us there were 3 parts of the pacific. There are Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia. They also told us how they made boats back then and showed us what they were. They were not electric. The tools looked cool.

After they took our lesson we had lunch outside. Luckily I got a seat. We had a long lunch. I tried to eat all of my lunch. After lunch we could go where ever we wanted to. I was in a group with Sebastian's mum, Sebastian, Sylis, Navid and Rohullah. First we went up stairs to go to the volcano. When we got there we waited in line to go inside the volcano house. It wasn't long until the group inside came out. The T.V. was on and there was fake news. It was telling us about the volcano. On the T.V. I saw smoke coming out of the water and then. The house shook and the lights went out. The message was telling us to be prepared. One of my favorite part was going to Auckland in 1866 because there are lots of cool old things there. I saw an old bar there too. My other favorite part was seeing planes and old movies of them. We went looking around everywhere. We had to meet back at entrance at 2:00. It was super duper fun a
t the Museum and I want to go there again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good day! I really like Auckland in 1866 too. The shops look small and interesting.

    ReplyDelete