Pages

Thursday 20 October 2016

My Narative

My Leap Of Faith
“I must get more confident if I want to be able to fly” I said to Mother Owl. “I know, but if you want to succeed you must keep on trying” she replied back. So I followed my mother's advice and kept on trying. “Well, here I go” I mumbled just before I lifted my feet. I leaped off the branch and started to flap my wings. It was super great feeling but just that moment, I felt myself falling down to the solid ground. I walked back to the branch with disappointment. “Mother I just can’t do it, I am probably going to fail again” I told her.
“You can’t fly straight away son, it takes time and I am sure you can fly when you are older” Mother Owl said to me.

“Ha ha, I knew you would fail like you usually do” Michael mocked me.
“You don’t need tease me because I can’t fly Michael and stop being a show off” I stood up for myself.
“Yes I do, so tell me when you do know how to fly, like you ever will and I might change my behaviour” he told me.
I felt gloomy and walked back to the branch.

“Don’t listen to that mean bully son” Mother Owl said to me.
“Walk away from them and don’t worry about what other people think” she added on. Her kind words cheered me up a little bit so I went for another attempt. “ Yes, yes i’m flying” I shouted with happiness. In my head I heard Michael’s voice and him mocking me. It kept on repeating. “ Ouch, who cares, Michaels is right I am never going to fly” I sadly said.

When I got back to the branch my mother saw that I felt bitter and knew what happened. “Hear me son, you should never give up on what you want to do and who cares about what Michael thinks, you just have to believe in yourself” she told me. “ You’re right mum, I need to believe in myself” I replied back. “Thank you for motivating me” I added on.

So here I go. “Yes, I am finally doing it, I am flying” I yelled at the top of my lungs. Michael heard and went to have a peek. I then landed on the ground next to Michael. “ So maybe I was wrong, and I shouldn't of judged you I am sorry” he said. “ Apology accepted” I responded From then on I just had to believe in myself and I knew that I can accomplish anything.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see the structure and language features of a narrative used here. You have a good understanding of how to engage with your reader.

    ReplyDelete